Saturday, October 18, 2008

Basic Officer Course


So here I am sitting in my little piece of the world.... For the past 6 weeks and for the next 5 1/2 months I am becoming a " provisional rifle Platoon Commander". This basically means that I will have the skills necessary to lead a group of 50 or so Marines into combat. The course is 2 1/2 years crammed and jammed into 6 months. The saying here is, " We train to a standard, not time." This is probably a good motto for life as well. Whenever we encounter tough times or people who just don't see things the way we do we need to maintain the standard that we know and not give up because it is "too hard" or "been long enough". Each day I try to raise my standard as a Husband, Father, Professional, and a Priesthood holder. I'm not doing the best that I can, but I guess it is important that I see where I am amiss and continue to correct or improve in the area that need improvement.

2 comments:

The Metzgers said...

You're great!

Unknown said...

how on earth did you get so cute?